2424 Sakowitz Street
Houston, TX 77020
The Sakowitz single room occupancy (SRO) development is located in the Greater Fifth Ward/Denver Harbor area on a street named after one of Houston’s most influential early families.
When New Hope Housing opened Sakowitz in 2010, it was the first LEED certified ‘green’ affordable multi-family housing in Texas. It is Platinum designated, the highest level. The property features extensive outdoor space.
Sakowitz was designed by distinguished Texas architect Val Glitsch, FAIA, LEED AP.
- 166 fully furnished efficiency apartments
- Close proximity to retail and restaurants
- Convenient to downtown and METRO bus lines 26 and 80
- Immaculately maintained and managed community
- Free utilities and cable TV access
- Refrigerator and microwave
- Private tiled bath
- Reception area with 24/7 front desk staffing
- Courtyard with fountain; two covered patios
- Gazebo and horseshoe pit
- Outdoor cooking area
- Community kitchen available 24/7
- Business center
- TV lounge, living/dining rooms and library
- Support services, including on-site case manager
- Movie nights and other community activities
- Coin-operated washer/dryer facilities
- Property management office