Located close to the University of Houston and Texas Southern University, this LEED Platinum Certified energy-efficient single room occupancy (SRO) community offers attractive, affordable housing.
For New Hope Housing, building green reinforces our commitment to sustainability as the lifetime owner of important community assets. Building green also allows us to maintain rental rates well below market. At each LEED property, resident move-in includes environmental education.
During the building of Perry, two giant sickly elm trees had to be cut down and the original metal signage on the site removed. To retain the site’s unique sense of place, the architect repurposed the trees into a handcrafted bench, library table and buffet. The metal signs were refurbished and hung in the entry.
The property was designed by distinguished Texas architect Val Glitsch, FAIA, LEED AP.
- 160 fully furnished efficiency apartments
- Close proximity to retail and restaurants
- Convenient to downtown and METRO bus lines 29, 30 and 52
- Immaculately maintained and managed community
- Free utilities and cable TV access
- Refrigerator and microwave
- Private tiled bath
- Reception area with 24/7 front desk staffing
- Courtyard with fountain; covered patio
- Outdoor cooking area
- Community kitchen available 24/7
- Business center
- TV lounge, living/dining rooms and library
- Support services, including on-site case manager
- Movie nights and other community activities
- Coin-operated washer/dryer facilities
- Property management office