Located in the historic East End on the METRO light rail, New Hope Housing Harrisburg is conveniently located in a near-downtown residential neighborhood with access to employment opportunities and social services.
Including a lively streetscape, Harrisburg opened in 2018, offering 175 fully furnished single room occupancy (SRO) studio apartments, 4,000 SF of retail space and 7,000 SF of commercial office space for nonprofit organizations. Underscoring our mission, New Hope relocated our corporate office headquarters to Harrisburg upon the grand opening.
Harrisburg replaces New Hope’s Hamilton SRO, which was located in downtown Houston, adjacent to Minute Maid Ballpark. Hamilton opened in 1995 as Houston’s first SRO property. This landmark development was made possible by the generosity of the People of Christ Church Cathedral-Episcopal who provided the financial impetus and vision to form New Hope.
The property is a LEED Platinum certified development designed by GSMA, Inc.
- • 175 fully furnished efficiency apartments
- • Close proximity to retail, restaurants and BBVA Compass Soccer Stadium
- • Convenient to downtown and on the METRORail Green Line at the Coffee Plant/Second Ward Station
- • Immaculately maintained and managed community
- • Free utilities and cable TV access
- • Refrigerator and microwave
- • Private tiled bath
- • Reception area with 24/7 front desk staffing
- • Courtyard
- • Community kitchen available 24/7
- • Business center
- • TV lounge, living/dining rooms and library
- • Support services, including onsite case manager
- • Movie nights and other community activities
- • Coin-operated washer/dryer facilities
- • Property management office