320 Hamilton Street
Houston, TX 77002
Hamilton will permanently close in the summer of 2017. Residents will have the option to move to the newly constructed Harrisburg SRO less than one mile away or to another New Hope Housing property, based on availability.
When Hamilton opened in 1995, it was Houston’s first single room occupancy (SRO) affordable housing. New Hope Housing was recognized for establishing a statewide model for debt-free SRO housing in a supportive environment.
The building was expanded in 1997 and again in 1998. The property is conveniently located in the Central Business District, a 100 feet from Minute Maid Ballpark.
- 129 fully furnished efficiency apartments
- Close proximity to retail and restaurants
- Convenient downtown location, on METRO bus lines 11, 53, 77 and 82
- Immaculately maintained and managed community
- Free utilities and cable TV access
- Small refrigerator and microwave
- Private tiled bath
- Reception area with 24/7 front desk staffing
- Outdoor cooking area
- Community kitchen available 24/7
- TV lounge, living/dining rooms and library
- Support services, including on-site case manager
- Movie nights and other community activities
- Coin-operated washer/dryer facilities
- Property management office
- Public telephone available 24/7